Extruded Acrylic is our most competitively and economically priced acrylic sheet. It has excellent optical properties and brilliant transparency (which will not deteriorate in 10 years) therefore making it a great substitution for glass.
Extruded Acrylic is produced by pushing heated acrylic monomers through barrels where a chemical process takes place. This process means that Extruded Acrylic is more consistent in thickness across sheets than cast acrylic and is produced to a thickness tolerance of +/- 5-10%. It is easy to fabricate and is readily thermoformed with a lower melting point therefore making it easier to laser cut, rout and polishes more cost-effectively. It has excellent surface hardness, is recyclable
Williaam Cox cuts extruded acrylic panels to size using a circular saw and CNC machine. We stock sheets in clear and opal in thicknesses from 2mm to 25mm with a wider colour spectrum available to order from the brochure in the other tab above.
- Model and display cases
- Retail display
- Point of sale/Point of purchase displays
- Construction components (Light domes, partition walls, roofing, sound barrier walls)
- Engineering components (housings, machine covers, etc.)
- Good optical properties
- Brilliant transparency
- Hard Wearing – more impact resistant than glass
- Easy to fabricate
- High Gloss Finish
- Very good weathering and aging resistant
- Less expensive than glass or cast acrylic
- Does not contain any toxin materials or heavy metals
- Can be used in contact with foodstuff – meets all current European food control legislations
- Easy to recycle
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you would like more information on this or any other Williaam Cox products, or you would like to discuss your specific project requirements contact us today.