The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. They must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons.
The goal is to provide detailed reports, so that the Company can make informed decisions that will secure the required workload and enhance its profitability and growth.
Williaam Cox was founded in 1966 and began life as a rooflight supplier. It is a specialist distributor of COXDOME rooflights, smoke vents and heat exhaust ventilation systems, and thermoplastic materials for the construction and signage industries. It also specialises in the supply of architectural roof glazing systems. Williaam Cox is part of the Alucraft Group. For more information, please visit our website; https://williaamcox.com/
- Analyse and review project drawings and technical specifications to ensure you are clear on what to price
- Understand and glean information from various sources to ensure the Company wins as many projects as possible, with a strike rate of 20% minimum
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Gather first-hand information from site, production or other venues
- Calculate labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Create and submit tenders to clients
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, glazing consultants etc.)
- Assemble accurate and well organised estimates and proposals in a timely manner with clear, detailed quantity take offs
- Obtain and review sub-contractors’ and material suppliers’ quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes fulfil the contract documents
- Complete Budgeting Schedules for projects after order is received
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services
- Track the projects that you are responsible for and work with the Sales Team to close
- Support the Sales Team with potential customer requests for technical information, updated quotes or any product certification that is required
- Manage the recording of all quotes on the server in an organized fashion
- Follow up on all enquiries – contacting the clients and keeping them informed as to when they will receive a full price and get feedback on same
- Work closely with the CRM Team to ensure all projects are tracked, updated and are at the correct status on the system
- Ability to review and analyse construction drawings and specifications
- Well-honed time management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation, as well as with external parties
- Highly engaged, proactive and motivated individual with strong sales skills and outgoing personality
- Previous experience estimating small and large-scale projects
- Experience in the façade sector of the Construction Industry is an advantage
- Experience in using estimating software and spreadsheet design
- Ability to use CAD as well as other programmes for material take off
- Third-level qualification from recognised engineering, architectural, quantity surveyor or construction management programme is an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the Construction field in similar or related position
- Competitive salary
- Early-finish Friday’s
- Monthly company breakfast morning
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free health screening
- Career development
- Social activities
- Free parking
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you would like more information on this or any other Williaam Cox products, or you would like to discuss your specific project requirements contact us today.